Thursday, April 21, 2011

A New Passover Recipe

I've been dreading the typical Passover foods: matzah with charosetz, matzah with peanut butter, etc. But today I realized that matzah can be exciting. Today I created a kosher-for-Passover matzah pizza. Here's how you can make your own:

1/2 matzah piece (I used the Yehuda brand. Some brands make matzah that taste absolutely horrible, so choose wisely)
Pasta/marinara sauce
Monterey Jack cheese (Grate it so it makes a cup)
BBQ Sauce

First, take your matzah piece and spread some marinara sauce with a spoon. Cover the matzah with the sauce and then slather some bbq sauce over the matzah. Then, sprinkle some grated Monterey Jack. Put the pizza in an aluminum foil covered pan and put it in the oven. Heat the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy the pizza! If you tried this recipe, tell me how it went. I hope it will make keeping kosher for Passover easier. It did for me:)
I meant to take a picture of the masterpiece, but I couldn't find my camera : /  Oh well...(sigh)...again, if you tried this recipe, share the pics! I would love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment