Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy:)

Why am I happy? Today I woke up at 5:30, ate a bit, dressed in running shorts and forced myself out of the house. It's not as bad as it sounds--really. Today I ran a race--a 5K, that's 3 miles, called the Brentwood Run. It was so beautiful today. Running was going to be music to my ears...except when I actually ran my legs felt like lead, and so did my arms. Maybe I should get new running shoes. The other week, I went to this running store and they told me I have to replace my insoles and shoes every 6 months, which is what I haven't been doing. Well, even though I have expired shoes, I ran over a hill and pushed myself to sprint through the finish line. I'm glad I did. I got 24 minutes, something seconds (to tired to tell exactly what time it was). I literally felt like I was going to faint or throw up. But when I saw the results afterwards, I immediately lit up. I got 4th in my age/gender division. Yes, 4th! So close to getting a medal. Next time...hopefully next time. But I'm still happy:) at least I know I'm still running well.

No comments:

Post a Comment